You agree to not use SURVIVING COLLEGE in order to:
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a SURVIVING COLLEGE official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas of the Service that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to the SURVIVING COLLEGE site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals;
- use your home page (or directory) as storage for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another home page; or
- engage in commercial activities without the express written consent of SURVIVING COLLEGE Inc. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- offering for sale any products or services;
- soliciting for advertisers or sponsors;
- conducting raffles or contests that require any type of entry fee;
- displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind, including those that are generated by banner or link exchange services
- displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their websites.
You acknowledge that we acquire all Rights to use any posted materials as described above so that we do not violate any Rights you may have in materials you post. By submitting content to or through our sites, you grant us the non-exclusive right to reproduce, modify, and distribute it as we see fit in any medium and for any purpose in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You also permit any other user to access, display, and print such content for personal use. You vouch that any material you submit does not violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, or proprietary rights. If non-original content is included in your posting, you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute it.
Copyrights and Copyright Agent
SURVIVING COLLEGE respects the rights of all copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied and used on one of our Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide SURVIVING COLLEGE’s Copyright Agent the following information required by Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single on-line site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit uetnt.gifs to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
SURVIVING COLLEGE’s Copyright Agent may be contacted at: copyright@http://survivingcollege.com
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!
Additionally, you may contact your state or local consumer protection office, The Direct Marketing Association’s Committee on Ethical Business Practices, the Better Business Bureau, or The Federal Trade Commission by phone at (202) FTC-HELP (202/382-4357) and online at www.ftc.gov.
SURVIVING COLLEGE complies with all the stringent standards of ethical conduct set forth by the Direct Marketing Association.