Today’s news was truly all over the place. State schools may be making some interesting and financially helpful changes for their students, NYU went a little email-crazy last night, and students are proving that they’re more than their stereotype in the sack. Plus we’ve got a not-so-surprising list of the richest schools in the country, and a roundup of famous rappers who went to college and what they studied – did you know Kanye was an English major before he dropped out? Check out today’s college current events roundup!
- Trolling NYU: If you go to NYU, you probably spent last night either laughing, or getting really irritated. Our money’s on laughing, though. Why? Because a student mistakenly replied-all to a campus-wide email, and all hell broke loose. Deemed the “Reply-Allpocalypse 2012” the accidental email led students to troll the entire student body, sending jokes, memes, and pictures of Nicholas Cage in response.
- Tuition Fruition: Florida Governor Rick Scott has made our news roundups quite a bit this semester. He accidentally gave out a phone sex hotline and has had some interesting ideas about education. And now, he’s back. He is now attempting to convince Florida state colleges to offer bachelor’s degree programs for $10,000 or less. The plan is currently still in development, but it’ll be interesting to see if it works…
- The Hook Up: College students are often labeled as party-goers who are more into casual drunken flings than settling down, but according to a new study, while it does happen, it’s not really that true. Turns out, college students are more into having intimate relationships than hooking up or having a friends-with-benefits situation. Take that, stereotypes.
- The Rich Report: If you’ve ever wondered what the richest schools in the country are, U.S. News and World Report has your answer. They’ve released a list of the 10 colleges with the biggest endowments. Number one? Harvard, followed by Yale, Princeton, Stanford, MIT, and more. Surprise, surprise.
- Getting Schooled: Don’t write off your favorite rappers as uneducated. Seriously, they’re more than just talented music artists – they’re former students, too! Huffington Post College has a list of 14 rappers who went to college that proves it. On the list: Ludacris, M.I.A., Flavor Flav, David Banner, Lil Wayne, and more.
And if you didn’t keep up with our posts today, check them out below:
- Video: A Bad Lip Reading of Twilight New Moon
- Gmail File Attachment Limit Now Upped to 10GB
- WTF Wednesday
- My Crazy RA Life