- Hazing Death: 22 members of the fraternity Pi Kappa Alpha at Northern Illinois University have been charged with hazing, after 19-year-old student and pledge David Bogenberger was found dead at the house on November 2nd. Bogenberger died from cardiac arrhythmia due to alcohol consumption. Outside of the charges, 31 students are in trouble with the school for violating the code of conduct and some are at risk of expulsion.
- Shooting Threat: 21-year-old Gregory Hamalian, a student at College of the Holy Cross, was arrested this weekend after he made threats online to shoot up a movie theater premiere of The Hobbit. While it seems like he was just trolling the web, in the wake of the tragic Newtown shooting and the Aurora movie theater massacre, that’s unacceptable.
- Winter Tips: Home for an extended winter break? U.S. News has some great advice about how to make money while you’re home for break. Try babysitting, house sitting, and begging for your old summer job back (seriously!) Check out their piece for more info!
- Conservative Schools: Princeton Review has another list for you to enjoy (seriously, when will they end) and this time it’s the most socially conservative schools. Well, actually, it’s the list of the best schools for “Future Rotarians and Daughters of the American Revolution” Hmm… Well, number one on the list? Hillsdale College, followed by the College of the Ozarks, Wheaton college, and more…
Check out today’s posts:
- Dreaming of a DIY Christmas: The Broke Student’s Guide to Gift-Giving
- Video: Nintendo Commercials Nostalgia