What better way is there to destroy your last remnants of innocence than starting a Disney movie drinking game? If you are at all familiar with the company, you know that they have A LOT of recurring themes in their animated classics. All you have to do is take the basic hero-vs-villain plot, sprinkle in some pixie dust with a hint of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and you’ve got yourself a Disney flick. With that said, here are the basic rules of re-visiting your favorite child films (in the most delightful way).
Set-up: The Disney drinking game can be played with 2+ players. You will need your favorite liquor (and lots of it, as you will soon see), a shot glass for each contestant, a DVD player, and an animated Disney film of your choice.
Take a sip…
- For every talking rodent in the film.
- For every song you know all the words to.
- Every time magic is referenced.
- For every castle in the movie.
- If you see the words “Once upon a time” on screen.
- If you see the words “The End” on the screen.
- Every time a character boards a ship.
- If there is a trio of side characters that are always together.
- For every celebrity voice cameo.
Take a shot…
- If the villain has a British accent.
- Every time the annoying sidekick appears on screen.
- Whenever there is a made-up word (followed by a song explaining it).
- When there’s a spell.
- When a kiss breaks the spell.
- If there is a narrator for the first 5 minutes, and is never heard from again.
- For every Easter Egg you find.
- For every “thrown in last minute to sell more merchandise” character you see.
- For every visit to/mention of a scary forest.
- When a parent of the protagonist dies.
- If the protagonist is kept in isolation against his/her will.
- For every montage representing the protagonist’s growth.
- If a gruesome death of the villain is implied.
Object of the game: The person acting most like Goofy by the end of the night wins. Good luck!