It’s kind of a vicious cycle – you need electronics like laptops, tablets, smartphones, apps, and software in order to survive college and get everything done, but you need money to do that. And since you’re in college, you’re probably broke, so all those fun and useful tech-y things are a little out of your price range. But that’s where your student status comes in — the beautiful part of being a broke college student is all the discounts you get. This week we rounded up 10 sweet tech discounts you can get just for being a student, covering everything from entertainment to software to tablets, computers, and more. Check it out!
1. Best Buy – Discounts vary
2. Adobe – Creative Cloud for $19.99/month
3. Apple – Discounts vary
4. HP – Up to 20% off
5. Microsoft – 10% on Surface, software, and accessories
6. Dell – Discounts vary
7. Amazon Student – Free for 6 months, then 50% off Prime
8. Academic Superstore – Discounts vary
9. JourneyEd – Discounts vary
10. Student Universe – Discounts vary
And like always, whenever you go shopping (especially when you’re about to drop a lot of cash on some electronics) be sure to ask before you buy — you never know, some stores might have a secret student discount!