As we get older, getting into the Christmas spirit gets harder. We tend to dread the first snowfall instead of look forward to it, we have too many finals to even think about Christmas, and we’re still trying to get over the whole Santa-not-being-real thing.
Well guess what, you millennial scrooges, it’s time to get in the holiday spirit, whether you like it or not. This is the time of year it’s socially acceptable to be a kid again. Why? Because we said so, that’s why.
It really doesn’t take a lot to get back into the spirit of Christmas. For some, it comes naturally, but for others, well, they could use some help. Without further ado, here are 25 simple but fun ways to get into the Christmas spirit. You’re welcome.
1. Answer the phone like this
2. Hang up Christmas lights in places you’re not supposed to.
3. Put on a Santa hat before you leave the house.
4. Wear a Santa hat at all times in your house.
5. Adopt a puppy and put a candy cane scarf on it.
6. Don’t sit on Santa’s lap. But say hi!
7. Go to the nearest woods and cut down your very own Christmas tree.
8. Learn how make homemade egg nog.
9. Have an ugly sweater party /contest.
10. Drink egg nog every day until the holidays are over.
11. Get your hands on this onesie.
12. Celebrate Hanukkah… even if you’re not Jewish.
13. Watch The Muppet Christmas Carol.
14. Make home-made Christmas cards and send them to everyone on the Nice List.
15. Sing Christmas carols to everyone you see wearing holiday apparel in public.
16. Wake up like this every morning until December 26th.
17. Roll around in cookie dough.
18. Eat the cookie dough.
19. Buy and light some festive-scented candles.
20. Dress up as an elf and walk around New York City (or any city).
21. Spread Christmas cheer for all to hear.
22. Only wear holiday-themed underwear.
23. Re-watch Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever.
24. Paint your face green and red. Add silver sparkles.
25. Hang mistletoe in really awkward places.
(gifs via giphy)