Zara DeGroot is a lover of autumnal candles, expert in petting puppy ears, and winner of the RMCA 8th grade Most Improved at Math award. One time, someone mistook her for Rob Kardashian. She is a sophomore Journalism and Media Communications major and a Business minor at CSU.
Clarissa Davies is a sophomore Journalism and Media Communications major at CSU. She is currently planning world domination while trying to pass this math class, and forever wishing she was buried in a pile of warm, freshly laundered towels. On a good day, she looks like Jared Leto.
Welcome back to week three, friends, enemies and that Taco Bell employee who gave me sour cream when I clearly said, “hold the sour cream.” On a lighter note, we saw a girl who could pass for Winter Barbie and it made us feel like Bratz dolls that were left in the car in the sun for too long.
Anyway, onto the point of this post. Although CSU is a state university, there are many aspects of campus life that differentiates us from other large colleges. We compiled a list with norms known only by our fellow Rams. You know you go to Colorado State University when…
1. Almost everyone owns a pair of Birkenstock, Chacos or Tevas.
2. You are sure to spot someone you know at any on-campus coffee shop.
3. After marching through the snow on the way to class, you emerge afterward to a sweltering hot day.
4. Climbing the steps in Clark really makes you winded. You are sure that one day you will fall down them.
5. You avoid those people who pass out coupon books.
6. Seeing someone else’s dog on campus brings you such great joy because you are devoid of your furry companion from home.
7. You are perfectly OK with waiting in line for 20 minutes at Spoons, or even 45 minutes at Panda Express.
8. The best people watching is outside of Clark or the library, mid-day, preferably between classes.
9. Every white girl and their mother have Vera Bradley bags, Steve Madden boots, scarves and cardigans during the fall.
10. A Tony Frank sighting is very rare. Sometimes you question if he truly exists.
11. You are getting used to the never ending construction on campus.
12. After a day at school, you consistently find yourself with 10 flyers, a small bible, a free pen, and a T-Shirt from Housing & Dining.
13. You trip at least once on an uneven sidewalk.
14. You are almost run over (at LEAST once a day) by a bike, longboard or scooter.
15. The newly renovated Lory Student Center smells like airport, and you really like it.
16. You see a professor of yours at the Rec Center doing crunches on the ground and you pretend to not see him.
(We had to)
17. You naturally dislike the bike cops and/or you’ve been stopped by them at LEAST 0nce. If you haven’t, you will.
18. You consider your exercise the amount of walking that you do every day.
19. You have technical problems with RamCT, the online grading system, as well as the finicky campus wifi.
20. You spend more money on textbooks than on personal hygiene products.
21. YOU ARE PROUD TO BE A CSU RAM.