Robert Morris University in Chicago has a brand new, pretty unique, athletic scholarship available that could be a total game changer. Literally. Because the scholarship is for gaming. Yep, all those hours playing World of Warcraft instead of doing your homework have paid off because now you can get a scholarship for playing video games. 35 students were awarded the scholarship and the University believes that video games require similar skills to playing sports.
Now we aren’t saying that there shouldn’t be a video game scholarship. Any time you can get money for school is a win in our book. We are however incredibly jealous that we weren’t better at League of Legends because we could have seriously used the $15,000. If there is a scholarship for gaming, then the possibilities are endless really. Here are some things we really wish we could get scholarships for.
1. Knowing all the words to “We Didn’t Start the Fire”
2. Being able to predict someone’s favorite member of One Direction with 87% accuracy
3. Ability to eat an entire box of delux mac and cheese in one sitting
4. Being able to tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi in a blind taste test 7 out of 10 times
5. Ability to name every Duggar just by face
That’s Jinger. By the way.
(gif via giphy)
6. Complete inability to do long division
7. Knowing the entirety of School of Rock. Word for word.
8. Deep seeded appreciation for poorly done fan art
9. Throwing shade
10. Owning an iPhone 6 Plus for one whole week without bending it
11. Ability to blindly text under the table during class without getting caught by the teacher and making </= 3 typos
12. Encyclopedic knowledge of The Twilight Zone episodes
Image via tumblr
13. Binge watching Gilmore Girls
14. Thinking about eating a salad at least once a week
15. Writing fan fic
16. If you can’t, store bought is fine
17. Not being Jen from Appleton
18. Being able to upcycle literally anything. Seriously, name something I can turn it into something else just look at my Pinterest
19. Moderate ability to paint the nails on your non-dominant hand
20. Having never read Ayn Rand
21. Catching all of the original Pokemon
22. Winning the Hunger Games
23. Having more Twitter followers than your high school’s valedictorian
24. Having chill
25. Whatever this is
(gif via giphy)
26. Being sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore
27.Knowing all the choreography to “We’re All in This Together” from High School Musical
What would you like a scholarship for?
feature photo via iStock